Lately here, I have found many opportunities to share my writing.
For me, writing comes from the gut. It comes from the heart. It causes a reader
to look at something in a new light, or to become acquainted with a brand new
idea or way of doing something. Here are 5 tips to writing creatively:
5 Tips for Writing Creatively
1. Be yourself. Tell your readers something interesting in words
that come naturally to you. Be fresh, avoid clichés.
2. Use action words. What you picture as a fast
train may not be fast to your reader, unless you describe the speed and
velocity and its forceful impact.
3. Use dialogue. (I once struggled with this
concept, but now I find it to be a pleasant shortcut for getting to the point.)
And, when we write out a conversation, we hear the tone and emotions in the
people talking. The dialogue is an opportunity to further show plots and
schemes and action.
4. Zoom in on concrete specific details. Don’t
assume the reader knows when what happened or why. Let your reader feel what’s
going down.
5. Be inspirational; share information or a
message that moves you. Likely, your reader will come away more informed, and
enlightened.
As today melts away into
Halloween tomorrow, and then soon after, into the winter holidays, I look
forward to sharing the meaning of holidays through my writing. Please check out
the latest published book by my local writers group. Our Traditions, an
anthology of crafts and recipes, collectively gathered, is now published and
available on Amazon. You’ll find me on
page 33.
And I now have a website for you to check out. Yep, all that
clutter that was once in the header of this blog has been transplanted. It's http://ellemott.wixsite.com/author.
I’ve also added my contact info to this
blog (see below).
Feel free to drop me a “hello.”
-Elle-

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment; much appreciated.