“I write therefore I am” is a motto of mine,
although certainly not an original idea. And today, I’m a little out of wack,
er not quite myself. Yep, only got a little writing done on my manuscript and
then jumped into the creation of this blog. I promise a real website is in the
works because I’ve been promised by the guy who’s building it for me. He’s in
my writers group. Until then, I will share my creativity here.
A frequent question, if not complaint, that
I hear from my bosom buddies is “I want to write, but how do I find the time?”
For me, it’s not so much to find time, but to embrace time to write, letting
trivial stuff fall to the wayside. Yesterday was a whirlwind of a day for me.
It involved a lengthy wait in my mechanic’s lounge while I pondered on my
truck’s life span. Then, after a quick check in on my birds at home, it was a
short walk to a neighbor friend to visit, as I had promised her. When did I
write? I wrote when at the mechanic’s shop; no care in the world that my
service was taking so darn long. I knew they were doing a thorough job, as I
was in my own way, in my writing.
It is also a common sight for my coworkers
to see me head off to lunch with my writing journal and pen in hand. And I
carry my flash-drive with me everywhere I go; can’t finish getting dressed in
the morning without first clipping it to me. When I come home at night to find
a bunch of who-knows-what in my mail box, I toss it on a table to look at
later. Then, I climb into an easy chair and put in a good thirty minutes before
settling in for the night. And my visit with my gal-friend yesterday was both a
business call and a rare treat for me.
For me to go out on the town and just have
fun is a scarcity for me, because I find my fun in the discoveries as unfolded
when I write. For me to write a full sized snippet gives me an indescribable
endorphin high. I can’t live without writing. It’s my life, among the normal
plain jane other things I do. And I find if I
love life, life will love me back!
-Elle-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment; much appreciated.