![]() |
| Janet |
Ahh, New Year. Ahh, New Year’s Resolutions to be had. If this post were about my New Year’s Resolution, it would be short, sweet, and just one sentence: My goal for year 2017 is to complete my working manuscript; my big project of my life story.
![]() |
| Me, Elle, on New Years Eve |
Okay, make that two sentences: My goal for year 2017 is to complete my working manuscript; my big project of my life story. It will be completed before my fiftieth birthday, this spring.
For me, what is key is what drives me forward with zeal. And that is, you. You made this past year everything it was, and I thank you:
· Abby, Holly, Polly, Joie, and Pretty-Freddy: For singing me melodious chatter each morning as I awake to the best pet finches.
· Alvena: My writer friend, and real estate agent, who sold me the perfect house to get comfy in for writing.
· Brad: My dear friend in life, at work, and through our writing goals.
· Covington Writers Group: Jenny, Patti, Ginny, Leslie, and others. A year ago, January, you welcomed me into your group, and I couldn’t be more grateful for the invaluable collaboration in friendship and writing.
· Emily: For joy on the job at the library.
· Janet: For your deep friendship.
· Jen, Chrissy, Dan, Nancy, and Elena: Our shared toils in community service and worthy causes has strengthened me as a person.
· Kim: My bosom friend, for being the best at beta reading and for letting me in on previews of your written musings.
· Krista: For the rejuvenation in our friendship.
· Lorene: For hearing me out when you again ask, “Aren’t you done with that book yet?”
· Mary Kay: For believing in me.
· Pam: For being a great editor, and publishing me in a national news magazine.
· Rob: For crocheting me leg warmers—luv ‘em in this cold frigid Kentucky weather.
· And you, (if not mentioned above): For your kindness, generosity, and support.
If you’ve visited my website, please know it’s been updated. An addition is in my Credentials Page. And my Current Project Page reflects my latest revision to the first few pages of my life story. If you haven’t visited my website, well, I hope you do. There, you will find many of my writing samples, which I hope gives you momentous reading and a refreshing outlook in life.
If you’ve visited my website, please know it’s been updated. An addition is in my Credentials Page. And my Current Project Page reflects my latest revision to the first few pages of my life story. If you haven’t visited my website, well, I hope you do. There, you will find many of my writing samples, which I hope gives you momentous reading and a refreshing outlook in life.
![]() |
| Photo by Annie Spratt |
I’ve also updated this blog layout, following a given suggestion. Above, you’ll now find a Page for Archived Posts. There, you can click on any topic or topics of interest to read all about it. Again, I welcome suggestions, and I always enjoy hearing from my writer friends, and readers. I hope your new year brings you much joy, success, and love.
-Elle-



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment; much appreciated.