Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas: Weaving Holiday Spirit into Writing



Photo by Richard Hoeg

For those who are in the midst of the Traditional Christmas Gathering, I wish you much joy, love, and success in your holiday and writing endeavors.

In a recent past post, I wrote about weaving the holiday spirit into writing—you can find it in the post, 3 Reasons to Write during the Holidays.  

Special occasions, from birthdays to New Year’s Eve champagne parties to Fourth of July firework displays can find me most anywhere and open to endless possibilities. Relishing my friendship bonds are the one constant I keep as days become holidays. (Excerpt from Cold Day – Warm Soup, as found in Our Traditions by Covington Writers Group, c. 2016).

Photo by Toa Heftiba
Yesterday, Christmas Eve, I pounded through revisions in my big writing project, along with editing help from a bosom friend. She, too, began the workings of a writing project. Neither she nor I have the traditional big family gatherings or little kids to play Pretend-Santa with (or for her, Dreidels). Instead, we cherished our friendship bond and etched a notch further into our writing goals.   

Over a hot beverage and a serene moment, try taking a little writing break from the hustle and bustle of Christmas fun. I will spend today with my pet finches (who don’t see me enough, what—with my full-time job), while writing, and checking in by phone with my bosom friend.  
  
Merry Christmas!
Photo by Toa Heftiba

-Elle-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; much appreciated.