‘Spent the past week cleaning and painting the inside of
my new house. It was long days for a long week. A big thank you goes out to my
friends, Mary Kay and Janet, who helped me. Try as they might to turn me on to
a new hobby, painting simply did not bring me bliss as writing does. It was as
if painting were an intuition, a wonder, and a perception of creativity to be
had, or so they believed. Then, why didn’t I get the same incredible feeling I
get when I write, if that were so? Thank goodness I wasn’t left alone to paint,
but instead had my two good friends beside me, and that in and of itself was
the joy in each day of running a paintbrush around the corner, and along the
next baseboard.
If only I had
held a pen in my hand, instead of a paintbrush. When it comes to writing, an
embedded flow of innate ideas, plans, scenes and characters unfold. To
visualize and know the characters, events, associated feelings and additional
ramifications by heart, pushes me forward with excitement. It causes me to look
forward to sharing with my readers a story which provokes and pulls at our
strings.
Then, yesterday
the furniture got moved in, (thank you Jim and Brad), and first thing this
morning my writing area was set up. I’m at home with my pet finches, and more
boxes to unpack. The unpacking can be done on my own schedule; a few minutes at
a time. My writing can’t wait!
With stuff to do
(unpacking) and stuff I want to do (writing), inspiration is boundless. Tired
from the move, I envision and share with you, quotes from a few remarkable
women (and one man):
“Revision is not
going back and fussing around, but going forward into the highly complex and
satisfying process of creation” —May Sarton, American poet, novelist and
memoirist. 1912-1995.
“Nothing stinks like a pile of unpublished writing.”—Sylvia
Plath, Renowned Poet. 1932-1963.
“Owning our story
can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it.”
—Brene Brown, Research Professor and author.
“If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another
one.” —Dolly Parton, Singer-songwriter.
"Let us choose
for ourselves our path in life, and let us try to strew that path with
flowers."—Emilie du Chatelet, French mathematician,
physicist, and author during the Age of Enlightenment.
“Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity,
or your curiosity." —Mae Jemison, Astronaut.
“No matter how
difficult and painful it may be, nothing sounds as good to the soul as the
truth.” —Martha Beck, Author.
“Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the
new story you are willing to create.” —Oprah Winfrey, Media Host and philanthropist.
“What you do makes a
difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” —Jane
Goodall, Scientist and U.N. Messenger of Peace.
And my favorite of the day:

Emilie du Chatelet
1706-1749-Elle-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment; much appreciated.