As a follow-up to my last post, while some writers are angst about proofreading a hard copy, I’m among those who are for it.
With both content and line editing out of the way electronically, my print out showed me one chapter was off in timing, and some grammatical errors throughout glared at me. A few inconsistencies and “huh?” moments also popped up. I highlighted and chicken-scratched as needed.
Done there, and now next task is to fix my electronic manuscript based on my results. I’ll keep you posted.

Photo by skeeze

In my free time, when I go “brain-dead” from developing my story, I turn to a few favorite podcasters. (This list is not exhaustive.)
Vivien Reis is like me when it comes to sharing our writing journey. While I turn to blogging, podcasts are her venue. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmBw2VslVxiCHZHMCKWSJpQ
With a flare for humor, Jenna Moreci gives a wealth of tips. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS_fcv9kBpDN4WWrfcbCrgw
From the greater Cincinnati area, as I am, Ellen Brock, editor and author, fine tunes both the writing and editing process to work our way through a novel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgvu0q49l3BfsMyp9WSTQLw
Published author of fiction novels, Shaquanda Dalton, tells it like it is when it comes to developing creative writing. https://www.youtube.com/user/Learnasyouwrite
And most recently, I discovered Dr. Adair Whitejohnson. We differ in what drives us, however, as a published author and motivation speaker, her tips on writing are worth grabbing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_TmnCIjA0EEGcPy94BttpA
If you have any favorites you follow, please share.
Individually, we have valuable meaning to express in our writing. Together, we can learn from each other to share our writing process, which will get our words out to our readers.
-Elle-


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment; much appreciated.