For those who follow my writing path or seen a few of my blog posts, you know I’m head-strong in writing my memoir. I’m happy to say, my manuscript is done:
Encouragement and advice from friends, along with my self-determination moved me forward through several rounds of revisions and editing. I’ve worked through it, cried over it, laughed about it, and scratched my head over it. And now, from my writing desk in my home with my pet finches, I’m done with it. As I turn fifty-years-old, I’m ready to release my true life story to you.
![]() |
| Photo by Vincent van Zalinge |
If you or someone you know is also writing a memoir—or would like to, here are three resources from those who have gone before me. I’ve turned to these three resources time and again to boost my perseverance. I trust these resources and pass them on to you:
1. Jane Friedman, Author, Publisher, and more. Her blog has been named a top site for writers by Writer's Digest and the Alliance of Independent Authors. And I’ve taken a class with her as the instructor through Great Courses. On her blog for April 4, ’17 is a guest post by Cyndy Etler, Memoirist.
2. The Creative Penn is one of those places I’ve often turned to. Joanna Penn’s blog post for April 1 ’17 gives 6 Points To Consider when Writing a Memoir.
3. And I recommend subscribing to Marion Roach’s email list to receive memoir related writing guidance.
![]() |
| Photo by Vincent van Zalinge |
Me? I’m now writing my proposal for publishing places. Goal-driven, that means my blog posts will be taking a turn (for the better) as I share my navigation to release my story to the world. On my website, you can find more details about my memoir. And be sure to subscribe while you’re there. You can even subscribe to my blog and I welcome comments.
-Elle-



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment; much appreciated.